Saturday, August 4 – 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Sunday, August 5 – 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Adults: $10, Children 12 and under $5,
Veterans $5, Children under 2 Free
Join us on Sunday for a live pod cast of “This is Why We Stand” with host Joe Archino from Westchester Talk Radio.
All proceeds to benefit future programs and projects at the park.
featuring Battery “B” 1st R.I. Light Artillery
The Battery strives to portray an accurate interpretation of military and civilian life, during that trying time in America’s history.
• Living History encampment and demonstrations
• Camp life & tent displays
• Mail call – distribution of mail from home
• Ration call – distribution of rations
• Cooking meals on a period camp stove
• Civilian demonstrations – U.S. Christian Commission
• U.S. Sanitary commission
• Display of children’s period toys
• Display of horse tack and pickets
• Soldiers describing the role of the drivers
• Demonstration of original Civil War Cannon & Limber
• Firing demonstrations
• Description of all the positions on the gun (during demo)
• Description of types of projectiles (during demo)
• Soldiers in camp all day answering question about
• The role of Artillerymen
• The Gun and equipment items in tents and in camp
• 10 to 12 interpreters in camp
Military vehicles, displays, historical artifacts, demonstrations and more.
Get up close and personal to a Sherman Tank.
Cover your ears when you hear the cry, “Fire in the Hole!” sound out followed by the BOOM of the tanks’ gun.
Watch demonstrations throughout the weekend and provided at scheduled times.
The Westchester County Veterans Museum will be open and presenting the “The Korean War” exhibit.
Re-enactors will be strolling the grounds throughout the weekend, we encourage our visitors to take some time and chat with our living historians.