Children will sign up for service and become part of Battery L
– Children will meet at the volunteer’s station to sign-up before roll call
Some Activities include:
– Learn about the medical tech of the time (or lack of)
– Children will learn how a battery of cannons maneuvered in the field
– What did soldiers eat and how did they stay occupied between battles
– Participate in various military maneuvers
At the end of the program, the members of Battery B will shoot off the actual cannon.
Each child will receive their official discharge papers personalized with their name and noting their successful completion of the program.